About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, April 2, 2010

April 2 - B

Letter B of The Blogging from A-Z April Challenge

My Sedum 'Autumn Joy' is past its best
so I was going out to trim it back


But look, its not only me taking an interest in it 
There must be something nice there
as the plants were covered in them

These busy little Bees 
I'm calling them Bees for this exercise
Kept on going
Head down bum up
work work work lol
(Please don't let someone tell me they are actually wasps lol)

Not game enough to get too close
I had to crop the photos to get a better view

click each photo for a clearer view



These little striped fellas are at work all over the neighbourhood
Found this one just up the road on a rather nice Dahlia


This is also my post for Camera Critters

17 comments:

  1. Wow I haven't seen a bee in years. They're beautiful creatures when you think about it. All the effort they go to make their queen happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am in A-day and you B posting B-day appropriately with a post about Bees. Great pictures! Here in California a few years back I'd heard a story in the news that bees were disappearing due to some mysterious disease. Haven't heard anything recently about that so I hope it's fixed. Bees are vital to our existence.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for linking my post at the top of yours. I don't know if anyone else is keeping the list of participants, but they can always go to my sidebar to see who's posted what.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...I love the pictures..and the bees great detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures and post, look forward to "C" in the challenge.

    Take care.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty flowers and bees, a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to raise bees and produce honey. It is my understanding bees are disappearing around the world and more of us need to be raising them. I just don't know if I'm brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your pictures are lovely. I especially love the pictures of the bees, and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think you need to worry about that Lee.. our house is covered in bees, wasps. Everything from Carpenter bees to bumble bees to red wasps or maybe they're hornets. :( I have to keep the raid handy whenever I want to drive anywhere.. they like getting into my van that has a small missing window. My poor kids are to afraid to play outside now that our house is surrounded by them.. I think I am gonna HAVE to call a bug man just to keep them away..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are some awesome shots! I wouldn't have ventured too close either!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pictures! I don't care for bees, but they do have their purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the B pics! GReat work!
    I am doing the A-Z challenge as well!
    IT ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like the bees are happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pictures especially with the bee. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, you did a great job of getting those close ups of the bees. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photographs.
    I'm following your blog if only for the photographs ;-)

    Rayna

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy