About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1 - A

Letter A in the Blogging from A-Z April challenge


You would wonder why a little Austr'alia Post Box like this
outside of a small branch of the Post Office
 would bring forward feelings of Anger and Annoyance

'Cose just before that 'special day' last December
I put a small parcel into one of these Post Boxes
just like this one - and thats the last time it was seen
Disappeared just like that - never to be seen again
From that moment on it didn't exist

Didn't matter that thousands of small parcels
were in the system at that time of the year
and they got to their destinations

And admittedly the postal workers in the state it was destined for were on strike
but they gave up after a while and went back on the job

The two little boys it was addressed to waited and waited
ever hopeful that Grandma's gift would arrive sometime
So when a month after being put into a box like the one above
it still hadn't arrived I approached the authorities concerned 

A slight air of indifference
and
Gosh, you have waited along time to ask about it
I was told

There are tales of items arriving years later 
and what with the strike and being that time of the year
we thought we'd wait a little while
We'll chase it up came the reply

The staff at our branch have changed and
after weeks of countless repeating of names, addresses
describing the packaging and dates of postage
The answer is
Can't be found
Anywhere
Nothing more we can do for you

Could it have been stolen?
Its got a return address on it -
are you sure its not in the dea'd letter office?
Could it have come apart
and the contents scattered around the dea'd letter office?
Things like that don't happen we got told

Same attitude from the people higher up
Funny thing is the only other parcel that we've ever lost in the post
has been going from here to the same state as this lost one
Whats that expression about something being rotten on the state of Denmark
This is a government owned organisation
you'd think they'd get it right

No wonder I feel Angry and Annoyed

13 comments:

  1. Great start to the Challenge, must be April already in your part of the world......we have another 9 hours to go.
    It must be annoying and I can relate to your anger for mail going astray as my mail does the same. I have my important letters such as bank and credit card statements sent to my son's address.
    Loved the post(forgive the pun)
    look forward to the next.

    Yvonne:

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. You should try and live in Greece! You'd never know what hit you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins! Cool --yours is the first official post I've come across in the A to Z challenge. Good job and look for 25 more ( unless you do more than one a day-- hey you could have done one each for anger and annoyance).

    I've been very lucky with the mail and I think most of us in countries with reasonable postal services have been as well. Yours is one of those situations where you just have to ask "of all the millions of pieces of mail, why mine!"

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower from Blogging A to Z. Was surprised to find your "A" post already up but I guess it's April already in Australia! Sorry about your missing package. So frustrating! Looking forward to getting to know you over the coming month! :)

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can't help but agree with you on that. I would too be very annoyed and aggravated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not One of my Christmas Cards were received this and they were all sent thru Aust Post. Lucky there were only cards and nothing else in them.
    I told everyone if they turn up keep them for this Christmas...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww how frustrating for you! :o(

    Good luck with the challenge :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, Here is a story that is (almost) unbelievable....my friend sent a cheque to pay a bill in a 'business' size envelope, when the envelope arrived at its destination....no cheque inside! So she canceled the cheque she had sent and posted another. Some months later she had a call from her bank, they had been handed a cheque 'found' in the Mail Exchange. It seems that while the envelope was whizzing through the sorting machine the envelope had split on the end and the cheque had popped out....they say it happens when the 2 items are not stapled together!!

    Believe it ? or NOT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have had the same thing happen to me Cathy and I was totally upset about it.....only twice have I mailed a parcel that didn't show up and it was to the same place as well.....makes me wonder if someone just picks a parcel they think looks interesting.....I know it makes me mad even now when I think about it......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, it really is April 1st in Austrailia...awesome love your first post. Stopping by fro A-Z challenge! Following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless Your Heart. I think we've all lost things in the mail. It is angering and annoying. Great first day of a-z blogging post. Thanks for following me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe they contact you today to tell you that it was all an elaborate April Fool's joke? But I'm thinking that wouldn't help with the anger.

    Great post to start the challenge!

    Love in the Truth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh, how awful for you. The post office once held my bracelet hostage for over a month!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy