About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Watery Wednesday at Castleton


edited: correction to spelling of waterway
Peakshole Water

Castleton
Derbyshire England

When we were visiting my sister in England 4 years ago
we drove out to this little village in Derbyshire

Its one of those lovely villages up in the Peak District
that seem so nice and interesting during the summer
but you know they are as cold as ice during the winter

clicking on the photos will enlarge them



They told us that this little waterway comes from one of the mines
 that are further up the hill behind the village
and is called Peakshole Water



This person went there in the winter - have a look
As I suspected it is  - cold

13 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog - for the Adjectives. I clicked on the link to com and visit you. I can see that I will have to spend more time looking at your beautiful photographs. I'll be taking my lunch e-cation on your blog. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pix.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing vacation pix. they're lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the stonework in Northern England. It is so nice they decided to save these places by restictions on local building. I am so tired of seeing my childhood community paved over and made an urban sprawl. With so planning we could heve done much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little gardens right on the water, and all the stonework!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy, the stone houses look so wonderful, especially with the little stream and green mountainside. Summer does look like the best time to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love these little villages, especially when there is smoke coming out of each chimney....it is like being welcomed home somehow, .......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks like such a neat place, and i really like stone houses, too. great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great shots of the lovely stone village! I love the english country side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peakhole....well, the name may be odd [I don't know the area's history I'm sure there is some significance ----] But the scene is just downright awesome; so peaceful looking.

    STOP! IN THE NAME OF LOVE... is my Wednesday entry!! do come by if you can, I'd love to have your company today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delightful English village Cathy.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy