About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Todays Flowers - March 10 - 2


This lovely flower belongs to a plant - or rather a bulb like plant
that grows near my front door

It must have been growing in amongst some Agapanthus bulbs I was given
'cept I didn't know it was there till the first time it popped up
Does anyone have any idea what it is?

clicking the photo will enlarge it


 It comes up each Autumn
but
I have no idea what its name is
and neither does anyone else I ask

Only managed to get one shot the other day
as it kept moving around in the wind

Does anyone have any idea?
Long thin strappy leaves - long thin stems but quite tough to break
Have been told its a 'weed' but its only in this one spot so I wont worry

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    From the look it's a Montbertia. It certainly is a highly targeted weed in this area. We have a large patch of it that we are going to have to tackle at some point.

    http://www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au/content/Public/Residents/Greener_Living/Weed_Control.aspx

    Kind Regards
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. no idea what it is but it is a very pretty flower......

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea here either, and as Gill says it is a very pretty flower.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy if its a weed it is a very pretty one......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy