About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Skywatch Friday - aka Silver


This series of photos were taken late in the afternoon
one day last week

Watch the moon
(just visible through the cloud in the first photo)
rise higher in the the sky

Now you see it - Now you don't lol
You have to look very carefully in the first photo

click to enlarge






Silver
Slowly, silently, now the moon
Walks the night in her silver shoon;

This way, and that, she peers and sees
Silver fruit upon silver trees;

One by one the casements catch
Her beams beneath the silvery thatch;

Couched in his kennel, like a log,
With paws of silver sleeps the dog;

A harvest mouse goes scampering by,
With silver claws, and silver eye;

And moveless fish in the water gleam,
By silver reeds in a silver stream.

Walter de La Mare (1913)

A poem we had to learn in primary school
and one I still remember today

For more world wide Skywatch Friday

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing the poetry that comes back from those early years.
    That is one I remember. I don't think they focus on memorizing and reciting poetry in school much anymore. I know we had it read to us every day in the early grades.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy