About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Random Tips for Knitters

Just a few tips from adventures I have had these past few weeks knitting ‘lacy’ garments

If for any reason you have to undo a row or two it is easier to pick up stitches using a needle slightly smaller than the one you are actually using to knit with. Means there will be less of the ‘language’ and complaining that the stitches came off this b.......size needle why won’t they go back on again.  
Also some yarn is not very forgiving when poked and prodded

If for any reason you have to undo a row or two its easier to pick up the stitches after a purl row - some wool overs or wool to the front or slip one, knit two together followed by slip stitch over, don’t actaully stay that way when you try to put them back on the needle.  They come apart or just lie there like a great big loop at the back of the work.

Actually if for any reason you have to undo a row of two for any reason it’s a da…. sight easier to rip the whole thing out and start again.
Dropped stitches can be a b………to pick up.

- Oh -
and if you are improvising and have several items on the go that are the same size and design but you are doing different lacy skirts on each it is a good idea to write down the colour and which actual lacy pattern you are using.
Sometimes when you pick one up and start to knit again
it can be hard to remember which lacy pattern you are using 

No I'm not getting past it lol

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a great wk.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all of the above :0)
    Knitting is fun and relaxing most of the time...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Cathy, its like this with me...I'm still trying to psyche myself up to START !!! I'm trying to find a particular pattern from an American knitting book without having to spend a fortune on a whole book of patterns that will cost the Earth to post from the USA.

    Well thats my excuse anyway...and I'm sticking to it ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, "reverse stitching"!

    Lately I've been going wrong when only knitting the one thing, a stole/wrap. After 220 rows with a 10 row pattern it is so familiar that I forget where I'm at despite dedicated use of the row counter.

    Delighted to report that Wellington has turned on a stunning day for the start of the cricket test between Aussie and NZ (Aussie 3 down already!)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy