About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Will you be my Valentine?

Did you know this?
Its older than we think

Saint Valentine's Day.
commonly shortened to Valentine's Day,
is an annual holiday held on February 14
celebrating love and affection between intimate companions.
The holiday is named after one or more early Christian martyrs named Valentine and was established by Pope Gelasius I in 496 AD.
It is traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines").
The holiday first became associated with romantic love
in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages,
when the tradition of courtly love flourished

Thats what I found out at Wikipedia


No,  my Valentine isn't as romantic as that
He isn't one for flowers or surprises 
He's just nice and strong and comforting

August 1960

He's been around a long time
and still fills my heart with joy
(well most of the time)

December 2009

Of course I'll be your Valentine
( if you bring chocolates lol )

4 comments:

  1. Oh so very lovely! Even though my dear husband spoils me with red roses and gifts the best thing is the love he gives me every day! He makes every day Valentine's Day. Lovely photos of you and your Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Lovely!:o)
    Have a great day!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  3. "LOVELY!" is exactly right Cathy!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely Cathy
    Hope you had a great day

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy