About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Watery Wednesday - Feb 2010 - 2


McCrae Beach
Mornington Penninsula

We have arrived at February - the last official month of summer
That doesn't mean to say the warm weather will disappear tho'
Going through old photos recently I came across these
taken a few years ago now
in March if I recall
This is the beach at McCrae
one of the suburbs that border Port Phillip Bay
as you make your way down the Mornington Peninsula
About an hour and a halfs drive from our house
we would go there when our children were small
and this day I had gone down with a daughter and grandchildren  

It was really quiet that day - not many beach umbrellas
so you can see the lovely sandy beach
and the view back up past Dromana to Safety Beach

These are reasonably safe beaches
and at the height of summer would be jam packed with with families

Here you see how far the tide goes out
which makes it ideal for Beach Cricket

As I said these were taken a few years ago
The little tiny girl on the right
at the back of the picture
started High School this term lol


to view more Watery Wednesday posts from around the world

9 comments:

  1. Loves beach scenes Cathy. Nice memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice place - some seems to change fast and some more slowly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love beach scenes, great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenes and memories...
    Happy Watery Wednesday...Luna

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful beach. I could definitely settle there in a beach chair and read a good book, all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, great pictures Cathy!! I thought of you yesterday when I was outside and saw little prints left on top of the snow...How I wish I was seeing them on a warm beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice beach. great capture. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's nothing like an Aussie beach scene.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy