About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Skywatch Friday - aka Views From Tower Hill


Views from Tower Hill
Charters Towers
Northern Queensland
about an hour and a half inland from Townsville.

The views from this lookout were spectacular
we were able to see for miles - way out into the distance
The day was warm but there were loads of those big fluffy clouds in the sky

If you look carefully to the top right hand side of the second photo
you will see a bird - not sure which sort
and after a lot of moving around using the viewfinder
I was able to catch it in amongst the clouds

enlarge these photos to enjoy the view
and see the bird





click here
for more Skywatch Friday posts from around the world

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the visit. How did you find me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I knew enough about Australian I'd have a serious go at it, but I don't, but that won't stop me. It looks like there are long legs sticking out behind, so maybe it is a heron of some kind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to Charters Towers, but it looks like my type of country town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect blue skies, and lovely, lovely clouds...what a great day!


    xoxo,
    fickle
    waiting for the train

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, such beautiful lazy clouds. No threat - only beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks pretty dry up there, Cathy. You need some rain. Great views.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The clouds are so puffy and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos are lovely, exceptional skies there.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy