About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st

February 1st 1963 a little girl was born in Norwich, Norfolk, England

There was snow (lots of snow) on the ground, the country was in the grip of a terrible winter similar to the one they have just experienced this year. Her poor Dad had trouble walking to the phone box at the end of the road to ring the midwife. She managed to cycle from the other side of the city and helped welcome this little girl into the world at 9am that morning.


May 1963

This is my little girl now


Happy 47th birthday J

10 comments:

  1. That was my first winter as well. We didnt leave the house until March! It was easy enouygh for me though in my warm cot. Not so much for my parents!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norwich is one of my most favourite places! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your DH!
    Have agreat wk.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks 27 to me. Happy Birthday J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someday, if you haven't already in an earlier post, you must tell the story of how you came to be in Australia from England... best wishes to you an d your little girl. She seems much happier now than she did then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On this day in 1980, my older sister was born as well!!! Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter:-) The look on her face in that picture from 1963 is just precious! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!
    May you have many many more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely daughter and I hope she had a wonderful birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy