About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Skywatch Friday


Here are a collection of skies from
the past 2 weeks

December 31st 2009
The last day of the year was warm with the
threat of thunderstorms
Strange patterns in the clouds 6.30pm
Light and dark
Hints of the rain that would teem down later in the evening








January 1st 2010
A very strange looking sky at 7.30pm
I walked out to see what was going on
as the light had changed
and yes
the sky really was that colour
and there at the back of the house
almost filling the sky was
a huge great beautiful rainbow

Looking more clearly I saw
a double rainbow
It poured a little later on


We tried to 'stitch' a couple of photos
didn't quite work out tho'



January 10th 2010
About the same time in the evening 7.50pm
we had this fabulous sunset




And then this past Wednesday
January 13th 2010
after several scorching hot days (43c/109f)
the skies clouded over

Visitng a friend in Launching Place
this was the view from her lounge room window
at lunch time
Misty and grey - cool enough to give you goosebumps lol
Only went up to about 22c/71f


for more worldwide skywatch photos

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful skies. Love the double rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, you must look for the pot of gold at the bottom of the rainbow. This time it must have been there, you see the reflection in the sky !!

    Seriously though, GREAT PICTURES.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds made me think of being a child and lying lazily on the ground and searching the sky for animal formations above. Love the double rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos as always Cathy, I can't decide which one is my favourite.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skies!
    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy