About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Skywatch Friday


Last year we visited the
in Longreach, Queensland

In the grounds beside the building
Is a huge statue commemorating
'The Ringer'
the human workhorse on the properties
(called cowboys in other countries)

 a click on the photos will enlarge them







It wasn't till we had a good look at these photos later
we saw how different the sky looked
depending on which way we turned

Within half an hour what looked like a rain laden sky
was clear again
not a cloud to be seen

for more Skywatch Friday  contributions

10 comments:

  1. Cathy, I continue to be totally captivated by your blog! I know I keep saying it, but I really do love your pictures, reading tid-bits about your life, and reading about the interesting places in your neck of the woods--I think my husband and I would really enjoy a visit to the Stockman's Hall of Fame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!
    Hope you're having a Great wk.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous statue, it always amazes me how a sculptor can get every little detail!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the fast moving clouds for adding to the scenery.

    The Ringer looks big enough to be a hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shots, thanks for sharing.

    All the best
    GuyRegina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's good to hear that after a while the cloud dissappeared and it shows in the photos too, good observation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It´s really nice to see your summer photos!Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you captured the weather moving over the statue... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a beautiful statue and beautiful areas it's in:)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy