About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How did she know??

We have a fabulous crafter here in Melbourne name of Kirsty who has a blog called Kootoyoo 
This is where she always has lots of interesting things to say and where she shows off all the clever interesting things she makes.  I usually leave there green eyed with envy lol

Anyway I had to laugh at her post today 'cose I'm sure she must have taken a walk down our street sometime recently and looked into our front garden

This is what she wrote today that I found so funny
'I love Melbourne in January.
There's nobody around.
Lawns are long & littered with dandelions.
No place to be at no particular time.'

Now if you look at this photo you'll understand why I had to laugh.

click and get a better view



















One suburban grassy area (note I didn't say lawn) inside my fenceline on January 2nd complete with Dandelions - not there any more tho - 'cose Dh finally gave it a haircut.

Thanks Kirsty you put into words my thoughts from the past couple of weeks

5 comments:

  1. What a great post!! I would love a little bit of color right now in the middle of a cold-snap here in Virginia!! I've actually never really minded the dandelions--At least not in someone else's yard!! :-))
    Hope your week is off to a good start!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know in the summer time, I am constantly trying to keep them out of our yard, especially in the front of the house. But our one neighbor has so many of them, they just keep creeping over, and if he keeps the yard mowed and the yellow tops chopped off, at least they're green. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...a most welcome sight! Here in frigid Maine we can gaze out on a white lawn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo reminds me of our lawn when I was a kid growing up in upstate New York. I loved our dandelions. To a kid, they're pretty flowers. To the adult landscaper, an embarrassment. Personally... I wish we all saw the beauty in things more. Like dandelions. Who CARES if they're weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lyrics of this song suggest that in the past Winter's were more severe than what Britains had become used to. The weather this year is more like it might have been when this poem was written and then made into a Carol. It is a lovely romantic tune.

    I did not know the Carol so you sent me searching through my small collection of hymnals.

    When it starts to snow here, I always start singing "It's Starting to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy