About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Watery Wednesday Dec 2009



We took this photo at Wentworth NSW in October 2007
It was taken at the
Junction of the River Murray and the River Darling

There are countless images of this spot on the internet



A cyclone has just passed over the Top End
causing flooding in NSW
You would think that if it rains further upstream of the Darling
it would then flow down to the Murray
The Darling has loads of water in it and it is coming downstream
but if you read this article
you'll find out that the water may not end up
where you think it will

For more worldwide Watery Wednesday posts

12 comments:

  1. Is that a little island in the middle?

    What a peaceful spot.

    Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool photos, it look the two rivers are meeting. Happy New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that water makes me (as an Israeli) verrrrrry jealous! Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photo looks so peaceful, you would never think the disaster was there



    ...waterfront in my favorite day trip destination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that it would be a much-photographed place - it is lovely!! My favourite parts of the photo are the stump and the shadow right in the foreground, though. Not sure why.
    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Murray is certainly in trouble. Let's hope a trickle gets through!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a tranquil scene...you wouldn't think a calamity was in this place.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy