About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Festive December - Functions


I think this will be my last post till after the Christmas Holiday
Things are happening within my family
that will need my full attention

My last social gathering for the year took place the other day
and my time is now my own
I will be able to concentrate on those problems
and see if life can become happier for all concerned

Hopefully the New year will be a better year for all the people involved

Twice a week I meet
some of these ladies in the photo below
We prepare gift packs of right sized clothing
for babies who have died prematurely in utero

This is a programme
dear to my heart
that comes under the auspices of Sids and Kids (Vic)

Along with my fabulous friend Cindy
(crouched beside me in the front row)
I co-ordinate the craft of many volunteers
Most of them are silent volunteers working at home
 and then forwarding their precious handwork to us
to be made into the sets
that are forwarded to hospitals
to be on hand if needed

These are some of the volunteers
who came to our Christmas Morning Tea

All very elegantly provided by the staff from the Malvern office
There are some other ladies who play a role in my life
They are the Red Hatters from my Chapter
'The Ritzy Reds'

We are the women in the red and pink hats. We are the ones enjoying life to the fullest, no matter where we are or what we are doing! We are the mothers, daughters and grandmothers, of society. Some may ask, "What do you do?" The answer is... We do exactly what we wish to do.

They keep me on the straight and narrow
and remind me that there is a time for fun
and thats when we are all together
So many things have happened this year
I wasn't able to meet with these fun friends as often as I wanted to
Thats going to change in 2010:))

This was taken last week at our Christmas Breakup
(I don't know why my shirt turned out so light in colour
It looks almost white in this photo)

Lunch was enjoyed by all
Talking and laughing is appreciated by all
oh and a little bit of bubbly makes the world go round



Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all
Cathy

11 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy..I hope all your problems get sorted out very quickly and you have a very Merry Xmas and a very happy New Year. Love your photo's of all the happy smiling ladies that do wonderful caring work to help others.. Btw The Sqares on blanket are 30 stitches by 50 rows No,4 mm needles or needles to suit to make square my sister uses 4.5mm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy,

    I have some friends who have been the recipients of the gift you and your friends provide. I know how much it meant to them, and I know it does for others as well. I admire you and your friends for unselfishly giving your time and talent to a wonderful cause.

    I hope you and your family have a wonderful and safe holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Great work you do!
    Looks like fun with your Red Hatters!:o)
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, may hope shine through for you and your family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, too. May 2010 be free of problems for you and yours.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy,
    Hope things improve for you in the New Year
    With love

    ReplyDelete
  7. A merry Christmas to you and your family Cathy, and look forward to reading all your posts in 2010.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy, you ladies are what we call earth angels. I think you're all pretty amazing ladies. Merry Christmas Cathy, and may the New Year bring nothing but happiness to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a happy and peaceful Christmas, dear Cathy. And that it isn't too hot when cooking Christmas dinner.

    Care and huggles,

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy,
    how inspiring and wonderful to be part of such an amazing team of women.. such fun too you have...some 12 years ago i lost a baby at 20 weeks in utero and ladies just like you had knitted for my wee boy... this post has touched me. thank you x
    thank you also for all your wonderful festive posts and your dear message.
    i wish you and all your family a very peaceful and very happy Christmas,
    with warmest wishes
    ginny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems problems come in all seasons. I trust yours will work out for the best.

    I trust you will find some joy and meaning in the Christmas season.

    I often look up the strange songs you Aussies have for Christmas. I guess the season of snow and ice and evergreens makes you a little stange as a people celebrating it on the beach with a barbie.

    Now that I have a lovely neice living in Australia I take even a greater interest in things down under.

    Warmest regards,

    Philip

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy