About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Horseshoe Bay Bowen - Watery Wednesday

Horseshoe Bay
Bowen
Northern end of the Whitsundays
August 2009

This is a photograph I found on the Internet
before we left for our trip


And below is what it looked like the day we went there

Taken from the same spot up at the lookout
Its a very small bay
- almost deserted that day -
but because its protected from the wind
can become very congested at times



A friend and I drove down there very early in the morning
when the fellas were at golf and it was so quiet
By early afternoon we couldn't move lol





Lovely clean sand - warm waters
Because it protected the water is warmer
than round the corner at the other beaches
It also has rocky outcrops
good for snorkelling


This is my contribution to
Watery Wednesday


To see more Watery Wednesday posts from around the world
Click Here

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful....don't you somehow wish it were secret and deserted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the beach, and this is a lovely one indeed! Hubby and I go almost every weekend to see the sunset. This past week we went in the morning instead, and it looked completely different, with the tide and waves so high.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely place, beautiful shot and words also. It would be nice to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I'd love to be on that beach right this minute!!!! Wow, you really did duplicate that internet shot of the cove very well...it all looks so inviting. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is very similar to the one you found on the Internet. Isn't that amazing?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful spot, it would be hard to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely to be able to take a tour of such beauty without leaving my home. Thank you so much!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a nice spot to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful place to be. Great shots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful bay and scenery. Looks like a great place for snorkeling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant photos of a excellent place on a beautiful day.
    Sydney - City and Suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely beach! Beutiful pictures! I would really like to be there right now. In Sweden it is autumn, the sky is grey and it's raining every day. I don't remember the last time a saw the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful spot. Wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful place to walk around!

    Come and swim with the Whale shark

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beatiful pictures i wish i could be there for a swim.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wonderful photos make my mouth water! I love the beach and this looks like the perfect place to go and layout and enjoy the warm water! Thanks for sharing!
    Caprice

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place, view, and so wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy