About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Come see the Golf Course

The golf club Dh belongs to gives memebrs a special birthday lunch each year
so as he'd been away at that particular time
we popped over there this past Saturday

Its about a 20 min drive from our place
out through Lilydale on the Maroondah Highway
to Healesville

Wasn't looking too good a day - lots of cloud with the hint of rain
so I didn't put on the summer dress
BUT
Did put the brolly in the car
in case he wanted to stroll around and the rain came down lol

Took this shot as we left Lilydale
some blue sky there amongst the cloud
The roadside stalls were there on the right
Stallholders all rugged up and expecting the worse


I hadn't been along this road for a while
so was quite suprised when we arrived at the Melba Highway turn off

The road works promised for many years are well in progress

Who can forget trying to turn right onto the Maroondah Highway
impossible when its busy
If we are coming home through Yarra Glen we turn at Victoria Road
and miss this turmoil

Very soon it will be controlled by traffic lights
Bit of a shame really 'cose once you leave Lilydale
you tend to think you are out in the country
These photos are best viewed when you click and enlarge them




These are not far from that intersection
where it turns into arable farm land





Seeing as we are here I thought you'd like to see the Course lol


This one I took from the back of the club house
Thats Mt Riddell in the foreground


And the next two are my favourite way to come home
Driving up a road close to home

I love the way the trees at the side have always grown
towering over the top of the road
giving the impression of driving in a tunnel





Oh by the way lunch was delicious
they even gave him a teeny tiny birthday cake lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy