About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Camera Critters


Theres nothing like the thrill of seeing something unexpected

On the way home to Victoria
from our big trip up north to Queensland last September
Right in the middle of nowhere on the road from Charleville and Cunnamulla
Not far from the Queensland / New South Wales border
we suddenly came upon this flock of Emus

They were just sauntering along inside the fencliine
moving at what seemed a gentle trot - if thats what Emus do lol



Never having seen a wild Emu we didn't know what to expect
We slowed the car down when they sort of came to a stop
but once I stepped out to try and get  better shot
they took off again



So these are not the best
But seeing as how I'll most likely never see wild ones again



I'm happy with them

Hope you are too



I've actually cropped them to try and get a closer look
I did have the zoom on but they were quite a way a way
and also on the other side of the road 
behind a fence

But if you click the photos
you'll get a much better look

If you are interested here are some links with information on Emus


to see more Camera Critters from around the world

4 comments:

  1. Plenty of wild emus in the Adelaide hills Cathy.
    The little ones are cute, I often see the "old man" emu walking along the road with his youngsters.We live on a dirt track so they must feel at home here. They feed on the wild plums that drop from a tree, not far from where we live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have been quite shocked to come across them and probably wouldn't have got such good photos. Yours are lovely Cathy. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice catch! Mine is up. Hope you can drop by to view my very first entry. Your visit is a blessing. God Bless!

    http://www.ellenheartbeats.com
    http://www.ellentinytreasures.com
    http://mariellewhatmattersmost.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool and what a great sighitng of the EMUS. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy