About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Watery Wednesday - Oct 2009 - 2

Whilst we were away during the Winter just gone ( July/August/September)
we visited Winton in Queensland

Looking around the web before we left home I found this picture
of a pool with some pelican statues that was built about 1995
 at one end of Main Street in Winton
Info at this site

National Library of Australia

Guess what it looks like now

click on the pictures for enlarged views

They aren't the best of shots - bit dark
For some reason - time of day and shadows -
Couldn't get a nice angle
Traffic going by
- even tho it looks deserted there were loads of cars around -
Did get a good meal at the Pub tho'




Winton was previously known as Pelican Waterhole

Click here to see more Watery Wednesday posts

10 comments:

  1. They seemed to have done some landscaping since the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots Cathy, thanks for sharing.

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice scenery, and almos tin teh road. The Pelicans are cool and a nic etouch to the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice piece of art work and reminds me of so many small Australian towns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scenes. Thank for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting contrasts. Looks like a fun "frontier" type of town...

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy