About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scenic Sunday

The Pioneer Valley
80 kms from Mackay Queensland
Along The Natural Way
(aka the Eungella Road)

We had a lovely drive out and up to Eungella (pron,Young-g'la)
while we were in Bowen last August

Down through Marian where we saw one of Dame Nellie Melba's homes
She lived here with her husband who was Manager at the mill

(Nothing like the one she had just up the road
from here at Coldstream)


Had some 'nice' companions in these painted public loos
Those rotten frogs were everywhere lol





Still  in Marian but further down the road 
that stretches right across the road





All sugar cane grown in the Valley is crushed at this mill.
The crushing season extends from mid June to November each year.


We drove on past paddocks full of cane
With cockies out harvesting the ripe crop





Went on up to the Pinnacle Pub for lunch surrounded by cane fields





Climbed up to Eungella and Broken River
on this windy road visible from the top



Got to the top and had a very long peaceful walk in the National Forest


Admired the Valley proper from a look out



Moved on to Broken River
and admired these Brush Turkeys from afare



Then it was back down the hills and home the way we came



Sorry this last one is a bit out of focus


click the photos to enlarge 

For more Scenic Sunday contributors click here

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your road trip, the drive looked like it ended up with a very niew view and scenery. Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures Cathy. It seems you have a very interesting life.

    I like the new background colour of your page, now, if only I could work out how to do it....I'd change mine !
    I have tried and tried but not being computer "savvy" I give up in disgust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoroughly enjoyed your tourist drive! Great to see all these different scenes! Just not really tuned to the frogs choice of resting place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful road trip! The frogs...oh my gosh! I am wondering what you would do when you find frogs in a loo!??? That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel like I was just on a tour with your wonderful photos! Beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi..that's beautiful..hv a nice day..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so interesting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard about the frogs of course. Even recently read about them in Love in the Age of Drought by Fiona Higgins, but I don't think I have actually seen them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy