About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ducks from me too

For her Watery Wednesday post, Denise at an English Girl Rambles showed us some ducks - reading it reminded me of the night we stayed the night at Goondiwindi and the ducks I saw on the billabong at the bottom of the camp ground
When we arrived at our cabin I spotted the water and left Dh to unpack the car whilst I wandered down to see what was what.
We'd driven the whole of the day (with a few stops) up the Newell Highway from Parkes
so I was pleased to be able to stretch my legs
click on the pictures for a better view
As I walked onto a bridge like structure it was like heaven just to stand and gaze at the reflections in the water and not at a long straight road
Then I came to and remembered Dh - oops - he'll be wanting a cup of tea
But then I saw the ducks
Looked like it was feeding time for them as well




Didn't even have a stale slice of bread for them either lol

4 comments:

  1. I just love ducks...and geese...water fowl of all sorts. These are lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing your life
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, good to "see" you. I love your post today. That looks like my kind of place. In answer to you question on my blog. The Shriners is an organization dedicated to providing free orthopaedic, burns, spinal cord injury, cleft lip and palate medical care to children in need. The first Shriners hospital was built in Shreveport, LA in 1922 and has expanded to 22 "Centers of Excellence." They operate solely on donations and different things they do to raise money. You can google Shriners Organization if you want to know more. Thanks for asking. We love The Shriners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy
    Thius is the first time le to read your blog with photos since i got back from hols. You have having a lovely, and very pretty, time.

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gday Cathy,Nice to see you home safe and sound after your holiday up North,Great Pics. No we never stayed in Bowen, Been as far as Rockhampton, in Qld,,
    Traveled through Winton, Longreach, Blackall, Balcardine , Mt isa across outback to Darwin and home straight down the cente Akice springs Coober pedy Etc..Take care You need a rest to get over the traveling...Jen

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy