About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Theory of Intelligence


Who remembers Cheers?
I really enjoyed that series all those years ago
I don't know if this was actually part of script
but from memory it seems the sort of thing that would have been spoken by these two
Here via our Inbox is
the Theory of Intelligence
'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo..

And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first.

This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.
In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells.

Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells.
But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.
In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine.

And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.

3 comments:

  1. Cathy,

    I remember Cheers and the discussions at the bar. They don't make shows like that anymore.

    Thanks for the comments on Brandon's graduation photo. It will mean more to him as the years go by.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cathy,
    Yes I remember Cheers and all the wisdom I got from it.
    Yes thank you about the dreams, they have stopped now that's all over with.
    Thankyou for visiting my blog I always love hearing your comments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love that show, and I think my son (who was a teenager at the time of the cheers heyday) knows every word of every episode :)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy