About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Life and Times of a Penguin

Did you ever wonder why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica- where do they go?

Wonder no more!!!

It is a known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird which lives an extremely ordered and complex life.

The penguin is very committed to its family and will mate for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life.

If a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, other members of the family and social circle have been known to dig holes in the ice using their vestigial wings and beaks until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be rolled into and buried.

The male penguins then gather in a circle around the fresh grave and sing:


"freeze a jolly good fellow."

7 comments:

  1. You got me. I was a true believer right up to the end. I am so trusting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back, Cathy - have missed your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, until I scrolled down and saw the punch line, good one.
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cathy...groan! ;)

    The answer to your ?s re using bleach with stamps on paper. I used the bleach straight and tried it on various scraps of cardstock. I also tried it on a striped paper which had no visible effect.

    Once you are done, do rinse off your stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy