About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Words and Pictures - Rainy Day

Who says you can't have fun on a rainy day in Melbourne LOL

Back in 1996 Alli and Tom thought they'd make use of the raincoats and hats their Grandma (that'd be me) found for them in an op shop
We all benefit from rainy days - for some reason they seem to have a way of calming me down
Doesn't matter if its pouring or just drizzley and dripping, I can sense the relief my garden is feeling, theres a happy feeling knowing water tanks around the neighbourhood will be filling and hopefully the catchment areas getting a share of it.
Rainy Days needn't be miserable or cause problems in the household
They can mean a day of crafting, reading, weeding or digging in the softened earth, clearing out clutter, cooking or even doing housework
For more Rainy Day Words and Pictures visit Pip at Meet Me at Mikes

9 comments:

  1. Hope you didn't get too wet while you were here in Adelaide, it was so wonderful, the rain that is. I did a bit of crafting and reading, but definitely no housework.
    take care
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. As young children my brother and I had bright yellow souwesters just like these! It has been great to see the photo of your lovely grandchildren, as it has rekindled the memory for me. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I read a lovely rain shower would be cause for celebration in your part of the World.
    I love a rain shower when camping and you can lay in the tent and listen to the rain on the canvas while reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rain, but havent seen any in these parts for a month. I used to love going in the rain and washing my hair with the rainwater- made hair so silky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello, I was wondering if you knew about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

    http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

    there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. let me know if you are interested in joining.

    regards, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you posting again Cathy, I have missed you :) Lovely rainy day photo with those adorable grandchildren of yours. You're right about rainy days. I personally love them. It's been steadily drizzling all day and we've been out and about. Good to get home too though and have enjoyed the rest of the day. Have a great week Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I adore rainy days. We could sure use some about now. Those are some cute Grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love rainy days. it means i can't garden (ashamed to admit that i hate it but I do !) can't do any washing,too wet to go to the shops.just have to stay in
    and settle for a bit of computing,baking or knitting What joy !

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy