About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Where I live

Caroline at The Simple Things asked - Why do you live where you live??
Follow those links and you'll see the fabulous place she had near to where she lives.

I suppose we live here in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne 'cose we are close to all the things we enjoy.

We are an hour from the city (Melbourne) just over an hour from the coast and so so close to the beautiful Dandenongs and the Yarra Valley.

click on the photos to enlarge


A green leafy suburb with some streets like this one not far from mine leading to a roundabout.....................................













Where if turn one way and go up the road you can then follow the Tourist Road up into the mountains you can see in the distance...................

















Or you can turn the other and make your way to a larger 'town' with shopping centres and the railway to the city..............................
















The walking path along here is fairly narrow not concrete but made form gravel and runs past fenced gardens in some places and others with tall leafy treed fences instead . Have to be careful if I use this route for my daily walk - its not as level as it looks and can have me puffing in places lol

















One part of the journey takes me past this special spot. Our local Anglican Church, calm and relaxing, a little bit of heaven nestled in amongst the the trees :)







Closer to home is this little street and as you walk down there you will find a lovely little park - well its not that little and as well as a community house, children's play area and wetlands with that lovely bridge I showed you the other day, there are also lots of walking tracks.

































Half way up a hill you'll find a seat with a fabulous view- I know 'cose I've used it on more than one occasion as its a fair slog to get up that hill:)




As you come up that hill you can look up and off to the Dandenongs in the distance or back down over the wetlands . This is just a little look at a place I love and would miss if we moved away






























Whats it like where you live?
Would you like to show us around a small part and tell 'Why you live where you live'

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the tour, I can smell the trees! I do so love Australia, oh now I want to book flights!
    Great to see where you are and I may well do the same next week one day.
    Hope you have had a good weekend
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tour Cathy. It is a lovely place. I have always wanted to visit Australia. I will take you on a tour of my place as soon as I have a chance. I have my grandsons with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photos. You live in a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you get up to the Dandenongs much cause I would really like to see some photos of there to. Looks like you live in a lovely leafy area with good walk tracks. I have put a link to your blog on my post today. Thanks for joining in.
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's so beautiful, I just want to come and stroll around. Thanks for sharing your lovely view.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a really nice place to live Cathy. I have enjoyed your tour. The footpaths look better than what we have in our town, it is much safer to walk on our roads.

    Oh, to have a waterway, if only we had the water. We don't have to go far(1/2 hour drive)to the Flinders Ranges to find nice things to look at. Will have to go there and take some photos.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to go on a walking tour and post my area too sometime. This was a lovely walk you took us on. You live in a beautiful spot. I am going to follow your link over to Caroline's now. Thank you for such a very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed this posting Cathy, and feel like I have been for a visit now. It's a lovely area.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see around where you live. Glad I'm not the only one that finds the hills hard going! Great leafy rest spots, except that seat that appears to be out in the open, probably nice to catch the Winter sun on.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy