About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

What's next!!


For all my friends who jokingly asked when the plague of locusts was going to begin – its already started.
They don’t happen frequently but it’s a fact that they do actually happen here in Victoria.

This is a good link from the Dept. of Primary Industries and tells all about it.

The ones sighted aren't in good condition but with some recent rain those that are around will soon have 'green' stuff to eat and could move on to 'greener' pastures.

Yes, what's next indeed

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy! Just wanted to stop by and give you a wave.
    *stops*
    *waves*
    :o)
    It's not 7am yet... I'm an early bird. (or am I the worm?) and those locusts have me itching! Thankfully I don't think we have them here. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but wonder if this is just as natural as wind blowing or rain falling. It happens but not everywhere and not at the same time. We have not had them here for ages.

    Maybe it has something to do with all the DDT spraying done in the late 1940s and early 1950s for polio.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy