About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

What Kiera didn't see

This is what was on the deck railing - one of the juvenile magpies





I fear he is getting a bit too tame for his own good.
Will have to try and discourage him, although its rather difficult as they seem to have no fear of humans right from the time they leave the nest and start to come down into gardens.
Oh dear, I have never really noticed it but my garden looks worse from here than down below.
Once we've had some decent rain and the soil is wet that big pile of mulch will be spread

5 comments:

  1. I'm trying to think if I've ever seen a magpie before. don't think so. That's a good shot. We desperately need rain here too. First we had a rare freeze that damaged the plants, then drought so they are having a hard time recovering. It is months away from rainy season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..never saw a magpie before. BTW I love your cats. Before I got Asthma (four years ago) I had some beautiful Siamese. They are such elegant creatures.
    As ever, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures of the Magpie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really noticed our baby magpie in the last few days too. Apparently my husband throws puppy food to him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! We get loads of magpies in the Uk but not like that one.
    http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/m/magpie/index.asp
    The link I have left is a very safe link to the RSPB site. :o) Look at the difference. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy