About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Heres what happened at my house this evening

Well this certainly has been a rough time here in Victoria recently.

We have had to put up with a heatwave and bushfires and then to top it all off and make sure we aren’t getting too comfy again this evening we had the pleasure of an earth tremor lol

Just before 9pm my house and many others shook when the earth moved – 4.6 on the Richter scale

http://www.matter.org.uk/Schools/Content/Seismology/richterscale.html

Not very big but enough to make my windows shake and the bottles on the kitchen bench rattle against each other. I heard a noise and wondered why a huge noisy truck would be driving down my street and then when the shaking began realised what it was.

And then as if that wasn’t bad enough to top the evening off Collingwood beat Essendon in the footy :(

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy,
    I thought there was a big possum running across the roof - until my chair started to shake, then the children got up and were worried that the house was going to fall down.
    Sorry about the footy!
    Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Cathy. That is scary! Hope there's not any after shocks. Have all the fires stopped burning? I bet the rain was a welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy