About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hello again

One doesn’t normally say thank goodness ‘its only going to be 33c/91f tomorrow' but that’s what I’ve been saying all week. After the horrendous time last week these past few days have been a pleasure (if 30c and over can be a pleasure)

BUT

All good things must come to an end and that dreaded temperature (40c) is being mentioned again - this time for Saturday.

These are pictures sent the other day from my daughter’s in laws in Woking, don’t they look nice and cold.

I would willingly swap some of our hot for some of their cold if it was possible - so if you don’t hear from me for a while it’s ‘cose I’ve found a cheap ticket to Antarctica or anywhere else - I don't mind where - as long as it's cool.:)











Adelaide on Sunday was as predicted HOT.

Up at the crack of dawn after a fractured nights sleep and at Tullamarine by 8am is not my idea of fun but it had to be done.
Our lovely friends in their lovely cool car picked us up at the airport and whisked us north of the city to the venue, which we had all been assured was air conditioned ‘cept they turned out to be rather old air conditioners that couldn’t cope with the 45c/113f heat and failed miserably in their allocated task which was to keep a hall and the 40 odd people COOL.

One of them packed up altogether and it was like trying to land with only one engine – a bit worrisome not knowing how we would cope - we had to be very stoic and plod on with the lunch and the talk (for the men - all about aircraft) afterwards.

Most of the fellas found comfort in the odd beer or two and us ladies either downed a few wines or cups of tea and just got on with the job of chatting and catching up – nothing different from the usual gathering and getting together of exservicemen and their wives lol
Will talk again soon

5 comments:

  1. It's all relative isn't it Cathy? I hope the temperatures drop soon. I've heard all about the snow in England and can understand why you wouldn't mind a little of that snow to cool you off. We've had a little here and there and I am a winter person so don't mind the cold. I don't know how I would fare in your heat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying the snow because I know soon the heat and humidity of summer will be upon me and I will melt. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blowing you some of our winter weather your way from Robin Hood's home in Nottingham, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy...below zero F. here again.
    Such weather extremes this year!
    Soak up the "cooler" temps you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too wish we could do a bit of a swap Cathy as the snowy pics are just what it was like here too the other day, though now it is thawing a little but more snow is forcast brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy