About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, February 9, 2009

A changing sky

After I posted on Saturday I went outside and looked at the sky to the left ( North North East) of my deck

Not a pretty sight. :(

The closest fire to us was about a 30 min drive away, this is not storm clouds but a build up of smoke drifting down across country from more than that particular fire, during the previous night and that day we had winds of over 100kmph so it could have come from way way away. These were taken about 3.20pm





The next two were taken later in the evening about 7.30pm when the winds had dropped slightly. A little lighter with a patch of blue sky




These two were taken yesterday evening about 7.30pm. We'd had what was almost a cold day with no wind but lots of rumbling thunder, quite eerie and such a change from the day before Late in the day but those clouds of smoke are still visible.
We'd just had a short shower of rain and - can you see the rainbow :)





The next two were taken this morning about 10.30am. That blue sky is very deceiving 'cose soon after that the skies were cloudy again.



The next few days are forecast to be pleasant 20c plus/68f and but life is not that pleasant for all those people caught up in the fires and the ensuing damage. Its not over yet as they are still 'raging' in lots of areas here in Victoria as well as another state New South Wales.
I don't normally ask for this sort of thing but prayers and loving thoughts certainly won't go astray.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Cathy I prayed for you this morning, hoping that you were safe and away from danger. What a disaster for many folks. I just can't imagine.
    Stay safe and keep in touch.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I have been reading about the fires in the paper here in my hometown. I pray you stay safe and out of harms way. This has to be traumatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I've been thinking of you as the awful pictures of the fires have been shown on the news. Keep safe. I hope it will be over soon.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,
    Hun, you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    I've been watching the news this morning and they're sounding quite worried about Healsville right now.

    Please keep safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cathy we have been watching this devastation on tv here and I did wonder if any of my cyber friends were close. Do take care and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy