About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Out of the frying pan - into the fire

Tomorrow we must take a trip interstate.

We are going to – wait for it – Adelaide.

Flying there and back the same day.

The funny thing is the fact that if we haven’t had enough heat for the week we are about to have some more ‘cose Adelaide is suffering the same way Melbourne has this past week. Have look here for what's forecast for tomorrow Sunday. 40c/104f

Because of the latitude/longitude of the city, Adelaide’s climate is Mediterranean which means they have hotter drier summers than we do with our temperate climate here in Melbourne - but heatwaves are heatwaves and days of abnormally high temps are not good for anybody or anything.

The folowing news reports are about Adelaide but they are so similar to the ones I linked to recently about Melbourne

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/28/2476483.htm

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24978392-421,00.html

So as I said – and sorry about the pun – tomorrow -its out of the frying pan and into the fire

I haven’t done much this past week ‘cept for the essentials and one of those has been to drive a 24km/15miles round trip each day to see A Pam who has now moved from the hospital into a temporary high care nursing home. Once again a change in environment hasn't helped and she has been very confused and disorientated.

All I can say is that there have been an awful lot of angry drivers out there who from necessity have been on the road. My car has airconditioning which mean't I have been cool and comfortable but I heaved a sigh of relief each time I turned into my driveway and left them all behind.

5 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip Cathy, Be cool ;)
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing isn't it? In the last few mintues a wind has sprung up, so maybe it will cool down quickly here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it's going to be 50 here today, a real heat wave and I have to get the highway salt washed off my car. I am hoping to post my letter meme this weekend. Have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know that we, in the Northern Hemisphere are thinking of you all down there, have a safe trip, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find the heat makes people more grumpy, therefore more dangerous driving on the highways.

    Have a safe trip back and forward tomorrow,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy