About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, January 17, 2009

He's coming home

Dh has been interstate for the past four days and nights. Hel'll be home later on this afternoon complete with lots of hugs and dirty washing. :)

I've enjoyed being on my own, being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, also eat whatever I wanted and on those very hot nights not have to share the bed with another body.

He is HOT - Lol in more ways that one - yes, he has a hot body and warm feet and on those hot nights that can cause a problem. 'Move over' seems to be the cry half the night as I can feel him radiating heat from near and far.

Not on cold ones tho - not like the one we had last night.

Seems a bit daft to be mentioning cold nights after all the heat we had the past few days but I woke last night about 4am with freezing feet.

Tried looking in the dark for some of my knitted slippers but ended up hauling a small crocheted blanket into the bed and wrapping my feet up in that. It did the job very well 'cose when I woke again at 7.30 they we really nice and toasty and warm. In fact it seemed a shame to put them out into the cold.

Anyway this made me think about and laugh again at a little post I read earlier in the week on David McMahon's Blog called War Footing.

You have to read it to believe it - I certainly hope my Dh doesn't read it tho' as it might give him ideas :))

3 comments:

  1. Husband and I have given up - we sleep in separate bedrooms! Husband snores and I am like a back of ferrets - lights on, lights off, reading books etc etc. We both get a better nights sleep this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cathy, I know about cold feet. We got a kingsized bed to accomidate our different needs and still be in the same bed,lol. My daughter just sent an electric blanket yesterday because with 30 below zero weather I have been cold even in bed! Last night was the first good night's sleep I got since the temperature drop.
    Enjoy your summer weather even though its a bit cold. I am envious!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the opposite problem. The Other Half often feels cold and is cold, even with a couple of heavy, winter-weight duvets and a couple of hot water bottles. (We don't have electric blankets and it can get cold enough in our croft house for the toilet cistern to freeze solid.)

    So what happens? The OH starts burrowing for warmth...

    ...into me.

    There I am, nicely warm and asleep, and suddenly Ice Zombie from Planet Chill is attacking. "Warmth. must have warmth, ooooooh!"

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy