About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Its nearly herre

Yes in just a couple of hours it will be 2009, well here in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne that is. Can't come soon enough as this year has been a bit of trial. The past few weeks have been a blur with my car making an almost daily visit to the local hospital to visit the Aunt.

There we thought she was settled in at the Aged Care Residence we found for her back a little while but nothing is ever certain in this life is it. She developed a chest infection that turned to pneumonia (hence the hospital admission) her confusion/dementia has worsened and the poor nursing staff have born the brunt of the aggression that accompanies this stage. She has been reassessed by The Aged Care team and now has been determined to need High Care which means she can't go back to where she was and we have to make more enquiries with nursing homes that have secure placements. Oh dear life is not a bowl of cherries at the moment - for me and for her also lol

I'll be back in a few days - once the year has started proper I'm sure I'll feel like chatting.

So for now its 'Happy New Year to you all' - 2 hours and 9 minutes to go

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year. May your 2009 be a lot more stressfree

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, Cathy. I knew you must be busy as I have missed your blog. Hang in there with Auntie.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    So sorry to hear the news about your Aunt!
    I hope 2009 bring a better yr.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy