About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Todays headlines

The forecast rain arrived - along with gusty strong winds. It started about lunchtime and came down all afternoon and is still going strong.

At times it has been quite heavy but mostly its been pleasant trying to get right down into the ground rain. Hopefully it will continue all night and then maybe tomorrow as well.

Unfortunately Melbourne Water say our dams are only at 34% full today so we need almost months of constant rain in the catchment areas to do any good. Somehow I don't think thats going to happen :(

I don't feel too happy when I read headlines that read like this or this:

Melbourne water prices set to double by 2013

Yarra Valley Water, who provide our supply are hoping to increase the bills by 97%. Not a happy thought is it.

The State Government is also reviewing water restrictions for the summer months.

Guess the washing machine won't be on as frequently and there will be more 'strip' washes than showers in our house :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I like to have new visitors, so I now have the opportunity to visit
    yours. We had a little rain this week, and just a few snowflakes. I don't like snow. It's 31 degress this morning, winter is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are constantly being warned of water shortages and all it ever seems to do in the UK is rain, rain and more rain.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy