About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Quiet week

Here we are end of day4 and true to form my Dr always said when the children had colds - after day5 usually you are on the way home.

Eyes are clear, nose has dried up, sneezes have disappeared, throat is lots better thanks to salt gargles, coughing well, theres lots of info for you there................maybe too much LOL

Colds are a virus so unless some infection develops antibiotics aren't necessary. I have an aversion to buying pharmacy brand pills and potions e.g. Codral cold thingys, think they are just made from chemicals and a waste of money so have used up lots of fresh lemons and spoonfuls of Honey in hot water and yes the odd Paracetamol for fever.

So its the end of a quiet week and theres something nice to look forward to on Sunday. Dh and I are going into the City to see the musical Wicked.

Must get better - must get better - must get better

Bye for now...........................See you next week

8 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy, what a nice surprise to read your comment on my blog. Thank you for stopping by and I am so glad you are feeling better. I feel like you with the antibiotics and prefer the home remedies, unless they are absolutely necessary. My sister swears by Paracetamol when she is feeling ill. Hope it won't be too long before you return to good health.

    All the best,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleased to see you are feeling a bit better. I always think the best thing for a cold is rest and time.

    Enjoy the show, and don't forget to tell us all about it next week.

    By the way Paracetamol is a banned substance in Canada..........go figure?

    Gill

    And I have finally put a direct link to your blog on mine, sorry for taking so long in doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,

    I'm answering your question that you left on my blog, on your blog if you know what I mean?

    I don't leave comments on every blog I read, but I do read blogs from all over the world. The main countries being The States, Canada, Autrailia, Britian and the Middle East. There may be other countries as well mixed in there.

    What happens, I think, is that if I leave a comment on someone's blog, and people read the comments, they pop on by. I must be leaving comments on popular people's blogs?

    Also I am a member of a couple of sites, and have been for years, so I guess I am generating traffic from there. Plus I tell every one to forward my blog onto their friends etc.

    That's my theory, now in practice who knows why people visit my blog, or how?

    I don't expect to have much "traffic" next week, as I am working and I don't really have much in the way of interesting posts next week. I have already pre-done them to save on time. Plus I do post every day, which people maybe have picked up on?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, I'm that slack blogger from Central-West NSW. I pop over to your blog occasionally and am contemplating starting my own up again, but after today's entry, don't hold your breath! I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your feeling a bit better!Hope you are over your sickness soon!
    Have a great wk.end!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy
    Hope you are feeling better. Hot lemon and honey and the occasional paracetamol, works just fine. My husband thinks lemons and salt but it doesnt work for me, for sure!!

    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy,
    I hope you're weekends fun. I'm glad you are feeling better. Winter colds are awful. Here it is high summer and warm and wonderful! Now all we need is some rain! Cheers. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathy,
    I hope you had a restful weekend and are on the mend!! Hope "Wicked" made you feel decent!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy