About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Guess what

I have had this baby pattern - Robin 15210B - for quite a few years.

Its knit in a double knitting yarn but here in Australia the 8ply we have works just as well.
The only thing I'm not keen on is picking up the stitches all the way round the fronts and the neck to form the band.
Now I don't have an actual picture of the garment I knit recently but this is the pattern picture








I knit it recently to go into a CWA exhibition. Each member of our branch was set the challenge of entering one thing that we enjoyed making.

Only stipulation is that it must be finished in the last 2 years.


This was entered in the Knitting Baby garment section and guess what lol


I received this



Frst prize - Wonders will never cease - something I have never ever got before.

I was very surprised as I was only making up the numbers and it had been knit in 8ply acrylic - not the best of wool for a baby.

My Mum would have been so proud.
She taught me to knit and was a hard task master................... Nothing was ever good enough for her.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Cathy. First Prize - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy! Congrats!!!
    What a beautiful sweater and I'm sure yours is more so!! Feel free to print out that picture of the lily and I hope you find yours...there are so many beautiful colors, do miss out on any of them if you cant find that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love the design of that sweater. Thanks for your blog comments. I am dealing with lots of heat and humidity...slowing me down some but I am really enjoying this summer.
    It sounded like your trip to the theater was 'interesting' and also enjoyable.
    Take care. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats,Cathy! :o)
    I'm so proud of you and happy for you:o)
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Cathy, you'll have to take a photo of it when you get a chance?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just lovely Cathy. Congratulations and yes, your mother would have been proud of you. How I envy your ability to knit such beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It really is a lovely sweater! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy