About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Guess what happened today

This little baby of 4 months sitting safely in the arms of her Mum (that would be me) told me a little while ago that she has never been confident or achieved anything.


Well, thats what she says - I know otherwise and its when I show her photos like this one of her aged just on 1 year having climbed to the top of the playground slide without any of us seeing her she sort of senses that she must have been born with some sort of confidence and a desire for adventure.




Late last year she said she wanted to achieve several things this year - I think turning 45 has unsettled her a little. lol

Anyway I told you about the 100 kms Oxfam Trailwalk she and some friends undertook - today she achieved another of her goals.

After months of training she and one of her friends took part and finished the Gold Coast Marathon this morning. That means running 42kms which is not just a little saunter down the road.

I think we need a lot of confidence to take on a goal like that - am I able to brag a little bit about her achievement.
She who wore short cutoff shorts with tartan patches 'cose she loved The Bay City Rollers never ceases to amaze me.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you have a great wk.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!
    I too am turning 45 (next month)& have been feeling unsettled myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot to say, I liked the Bay City Rollers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in that club as well. I think if I could do a marathon I would feel good, my kids would be impressed.

    You are a lovely Mum encouraging her.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy