About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Trials of Nature

Not in the best of moods today – bit short of patience. You know the virtue we are supposed to possess. The one that’s often in a woman but seldom in a man. . Lol

Well it’s been missing today because of nature.

Nature in the form of those noisy rowdy things that like to hold stomping sessions on our roof in the middle of the night.

Yes they know who I’m talking about – those little animals that sleep the day away, hiding from us humans in little holes in trees or even those little boxes some humans put in trees for them, hiding from the ones who would like to ………….well I’m not sure what I’d like to do.

I’m thinking that after my last post on Possums they are happy with the knowledge they are a protected species and like some little children ‘Try it On’ now and again to see how far they can go

Also I’ve misplaced a bowl, a plastic bowl of quite generous proportions and its all nature’s fault.

It is the largest one from a set of three that sat very nicely inside each other saving space in the cupboard. It looks quite strange seeing the other two upside down on the shelf with the biggest lid on the bottom – have to do that ‘cose the lid falls off if I have them standing up.

It’s about the size of the green Tupperware bowl and lid that we all had which was for our iceberg lettuce. Remember, the one that had that spiky thing that used to go up the middle into the heart of the lettuce and was supposed to keep them fresh and crisp. I’m sure they used to sell thousands of them ‘cose every Op-shop I go into has them in their plastic section. lol

Do you know that feeling you get when you so something and you know it was a daft thing to do?

We have a worm farm but it’s not huge. It’s a Can-O-Worms. Once a week I chop up the scraps (peelings egg shells etc) for the worms and then make them smaller in an old food processor so the scraps just lay across the top of farm and don’t form a great big heap. Now I usually take the scraps from the house to the end of the garden in an old ice cream container but this day there was a large amount and I was too lazy to get another container and pulled out my bowl.

I knew I shouldn’t have used it because as you know I can get sidetracked once I venture that far down the garden - I can even see myself emptying it out but after that it’s a mystery.

Of course to make matters worse for a while I was looking for a white one until I realised it was actually clear plastic and it’s the lids that white.

Had to go looking for the phone the other day, put it down to do something and went back inside without it. After looking for a while I had to push the ‘page’ button to locate it :(

What a shame I can’t ‘page’ this blooming bowl.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    I live in the same world. If I don't follow through start to finish I can never remember where I put something. I remember laughing at the old folks I knew and their forgetful ways. Well no more. I have joined their ranks. As for noisy night critters winter is the worst. In summer I thinks they move out or go on vacation or something as the noise is less noticeable.
    Have a great day. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, I was wondering if you knew about Melbourne's collaborative op shopping blog 'I op therefore I am'

    http://melb-opshopping.blogspot.com/

    there are links there to maps and addresses of Melbourne's op shops. maybe you could find a replacement bowl! let me know if you are interested in joining.

    regards, Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    I am in you world, I put something in a certain place so I want forget where I put it,lol .
    I have alot fo problems with wildlife here . Its as tho they ocntrol us ,we can't control them.;o(
    Hope you have a great day!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy