About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

New Pattern to try

I have been given a copy of a new (to me) knitting pattern to try out. These are for the charity stall I supply and as well as a little sleeveless jacket there are also instructions for a cardigan and a jumper/sweater.

What I like about this garment is there is very little sewing up to be done. So far I have finished the sleeveless jacket and its so easy I'm sure I'll be doing a more of them.

Much much quicker than the one I have been doing for a while now - after knitting the two seperate fronts they are joined at the neck by cast on stitiches and then the back is made by knitting all these stitches downwards to the waist. Just the neckband to pick up and the side seams to close and its finished.

I'me going to try the sleeved version and see how I get on with that and if its as easy to make as the jacket there'll be some coming off my knitting needles in the next few weeks.

Do you know, I'm sure I have done something like this before but don't have the pattern now.

This picture is from the front of the pattern but I forgot to take down the name of the comapny that published it.


3 comments:

  1. Hope you're having a good wk.
    I never learned to knit.;o(
    HAve a great day!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pattern! Can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little sweaters! I think I would like to learn to knit.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy