About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Life's discoveries this week

Some observations from this week just gone.

Out of the blue a bright sunny windy day on Wednesday mean't I could open windows and hang the washing on the line. It also showed me that some corners inside the house have grown cobwebs and will need attention. Not sure when tho :)

Hearing test on Thursday and was told me my hearing is no worse now than it was 20 years ago when I first had it tested. Was having trouble with the switchboard at work - when the whole system was updated my problems disappeared. I am no more deaf now than I was then even tho others, (Dh) may think otherwise. He turns the sound up as well as I do.

Learnt I should chop veg much smaller as Dh can still detect the taste of celery amongst six different vegetables - potato, parsnip, carrot, swede and turnip as well as onion - in a winter stew! Loathes celery (unless he is unaware its actaully in the dish) and remarks that he thinks I'm trying to poison him.

During winter it appears my cats’ love for me is ruled by their needs at the time. Job description seems to include - Fire Stoker, Cook, Doorman, Housemaid, Masseur and Groomer. soemhow that sounds like nothing new there what ever season it is

I realised I have no idea what is going on in my Aunts mind when this 85-year old ladie had a paddy tantrum that would rival any my children ever had and acted spoilt when she thought the lunch we had all planned for her actual birthday has been postponed to another day because one niece actually had to go to a funeral. Kept saying it’s not a party if not in the correct day.

She did calm down later when she realised she would still be going out to lunch on the day only with one person short and also with everybody on another day.

Driving along I discovered once again that no matter how late you are and no matter how much you rant and rave and heave shoulders up and down traffic lights have a mind of their own and will change when they are good and ready and not when you want them to do so.

Last but not least even if you are out shopping and starving hungry 'cose you didn't eat before going out Hot Chips doused in vinegar just the way I like them don’t taste the same after months of being good and not buying them when out shopping.

Angry at money wasted – could of bought chocolate instead and really enjoyed it lol


I've just popped by to edit this :

Guess what I just found hiding beside a rose bush - yes, that clear plastic bowl I misplaced the other week. Now the roses have dropped their leaves things are visible again lol

3 comments:

  1. A woman after my own heart in the quest to hide vegetables in stews and soup. My aim to hide the celery so that not one of the four men in the house notice it.

    (One tip: fry it when they're out of the house, my husband has been tipped off a couple of times by the smell of it frying. Whilst he couldn't actually find it in the dish he knew it was there, leading to accustaions of poisoning as you have also experienced.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you found your bowl!
    My DH, bless him. will eat anything...anything. I'm the one that's a bit picky, though not so much lately. Good flavor is good flavor no matter where it comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so enjoyed your post this morning. It made me laugh and after a morning of trying to milk Diva who was in her Diva mood I needed a laugh. Have a great weekend and put that bowl up where you can find it. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy