About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A few of the blogs on my bloglist

I like to read about people's lives that are a little different to mine but who still have similar ideas on how life should be lived. I'm going to mention some of the blogs I read and see if you get the picture.

I'm not a wanna be farmer's wife but there've been times I'd liked to have given rural living a try 'cept we seem to be destined to always live in Suburbia – not in the city but outer eastern suburbs where it’s quite green and leafy and where there are still quite a few blocks of vacant land. There are some large land blocks close by where horses are agisted but in the main chickens would be the most visible livestock around, apart from cats and dogs that is.

Look at Peggy at Hidden Haven Farm – her life revolves around her animals and a love of family. I really enjoy her blog, the way she talks about self-sufficiency and her passion for her beautiful Nubian goats. Now the only goat I have ever been close to was on a spit at a Greek wedding in Cyprus - yes I know too much information - so its interesting to see that there is as much interest in special breeds of goats as there is cats and dogs.

Theres a blog I have read for quite a while now that I'm sure many of you would be interested in. It belongs to Stonehead a very plucky and determined man who along with his young family live on a small croft (farm) in rural Scotland and raise pigs. Not just any ol' pig but a breed called Berkshire, he writes about living their way and the trials and tribulations of trying to promote and better the breed.

You must have a look at Jan and Fiona blogs - like many others they have chickens but they also have chickens that raise ducklings. For some animals/birds the mothering instinct is so hard to stiffle and we often read of odd combinations so their tales of these different yet similar birds have kept me in suspense and also fits of laughter for the past few weeks. Most days their pages are filled with thoughts on gardening, family, craft and cooking as well as the coming and goings of the poultry yard.


Click on the links and look in on them as I'm sure you will enjoy seeing how all these people live with love in their lives and also a desire to live 'simply' and to the best of their ability.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about your life and adventures as much if not more than you do mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going over to check out your suggested reading.

    To answer your questions the California fires have started by lightening strikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    You are right the weather has been a bit gloomy - but so much nicer than the oppressive heat we had earlier this year. I liked your links to the chooky blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naughty Cathy. I can't fit any more blogs into my day and now you have introduced me to more new good ones. Oh, dear (and thank you)
    Have a nice weekend.
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy

    Thanks so much for the link - much appreciated.

    I am enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy