About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

wwkip

I found this while surfing around - its a whole month away today so keep it in mind.

World Wide Knit in Public Day - June 14th 2008

I've copied this from the history page on the site:-

World Wide Knit in Public Day was started in 2005 by Danielle Landes. It began as a way for knitters to come together and enjoy each other’s company. Knitting is such a solitary act that it’s easy to knit alone somewhere and sink into your work without thinking about all the other knitters out there. Neighbors could spend all their lives never knowing that the other knits. This a specific day to get out of your house and go to a local event (with your knitting in tow) just for you and people like you. Who knows you might even bump into your neighbor! Consider this a spark, to ignite a fire; getting all of the closeted knitters out into fresh air.


But do go there and have a look around and see what it's all about and what people will be up to.

Seems theres something organised for all of you involved with Ravelry - not many events so far here in Australia ( NSW and SA listed) but that could change in the weeks coming up.

Even if you were not involved with an event taking your knitting out in the car - I do and you'd be surprised how many others I notice who do (passengers only please lol) - or on public transport would spread the word as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy