About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Heres the joke I mentioned

Last October, for her birthday, I bought my wife a Magnolia tree from the local nursery, but after only a few weeks the leaves shrivelled.

It appeared to be on its last legs.

My wife took some leaf samples and marched into the nursery to demand an explanation.

I stood back, expecting a technical explanation, which only my 'expert' wife could understand.

"I know exactly what's wrong with your magnolia," said the Manager.

"Good," said my wife. "What's it suffering from?"

"Autumn," he replied ... (I smirked to myself all the way home in the car!)


Well I thought it was funny.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy
    I am reminded o a visit to our allotment site of a well known organic gardener (he is on local radio). He came along to offer advice but was monopolised by some of the gardeners. We all had to go over to the far side of the allotment for one of the older ladies to show off her garden but also to ask why her potatoes had died. He kindly pointed out that is what happens to potato plants when they are ready to dig. The rest of us were allowed to speak to him after that!
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy