About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Better day today

Yesterday was an awful day. Read all about it here and here

Gale force winds reaching over 100kms in some places - not sure what they got up to at my place but it was deafening and scary.

Lots of trees down. Power lines down meaning no power to a great deal of the state.

Traffic lights out causing chaos for the city, trees down over rail lines, power loss meant no trams running so many many workers not getting home till all hours of the night.

I don't feel so bad about my power going on and off all day long as there are still some without over 24hrs later.

Sad thing is 3 lives have been lost - a brick wall fell on one person, a steel construction fell over on to a workerr on a building site and then today some young linesman was electrocuted while repair power lines.

Weird sights on the beaches this morning as yachts have been smashed around in the bay.

Its made its way south east of Melbourne now and down to Tassie.

You never know what nature is going to throw at you do you?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    Hope things are going better and back to the norm soon!
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I am very relieved to hear that you did not sustain any damage during the recent storms and winds.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy