About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

This is what my mind is like at the moment

We are going to start with a joke this evening

An oldie but a goodie :(


What's Your Name, Again?

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades.

Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures.

Lately, their activities had been limited to playing cards a few times a week.

One day when playing cards, one looked at the other and said, "Now don't get mad at me.

I know we've been friends a long time, but I just can't think of your name.

I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it.

Please tell me what your name is."

Her friend glared at her.

For at least three minutes she just stared and glared.

Finally she said, "How soon do you need to know?"


This is how I'm feeling at the moment - Its all in there but seems to be taking its time to come to the surface lol

Trying to organise hand surgery for my aunt (courtesy of the horse knocking her over back in November) The surgeon won't do it unless theres some back up home care. Could be a day case but as his list is in the afternoon I feel it better she stays overnight.

Trying to organise a mammogram for yours truly but things keep cropping up and I have cancelled twice and I'm sure the Breast Screen receptionist doesn't quite believe me when I ring and say I have to be elsewhere on the day she suggests.

Like wise with the tradesmen who are coming to give me quotes on refitting the wardrobe in our bedroom who think I should cancel all other commitments and be prepared to stay home all day long on the off chance they will turn up.

One of those other things that just happened to get in the way was a funeral :(

The built in wardrobe was very basic and used to just have a shelf and long hanging rail, I first had it fitted out with long and short hanging rails and shelves etc about 20 years ago and now needs doing again as the white melamine covering on the shelves is looking gunky and awful.

The original doors that just opened out were replaced with 2 large sliding mirror doors but they are becoming a pain to open. I think 3 would be better and that way we'll be able to get to the clothes in the middle more easily.

The carpet man finally arrived (after 2 appointments were cancelled - one by me and one by him ) measured up the house and nearly gave me a heart attack when the quote arrived - thank goodness we have been saving and I won't need to rethink the type of carpet I took so long to choose.

Have to get the wardrobe in the bedroom done first before the carpet can be laid tho'

Its funny but when you talk to tradesmen or others about appointments or about renovations etc one of the first things they ask "How soon do you want this done?" and I always think of the joke at the top. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy