About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, January 25, 2008

My new water bottle

Well after looking around several places I think I've finally found what I hope is the answer to not taking a commercial water bottle (as in a bottle that had bought water in it) out with me.

I found these in Coles the other day. Yes I realise its made from plastic and its imported - made in New Zealand - but in my eyes thats not as far as China and they are nearly one of us aren't they :))
Shaped like a spirit flask, its slim and fits very nicely into my larger handbags and will serve its purpose very well. Mine is a very nice lavender colour and cost me all of $2.80.

Only one problem as far as I can see, if the water is very cold when I go out condensation will form on the outside and make things wet, so I'll have to put it into a bag of some sort. Funny but that didn't bother me with the other water bottles but it seems a shame to have to do it with this one. lol

Its a screw type top which means I won't have to put my 'dirty' fingers on the part where I drink like I did pulling the old type up and then pushing it down to close it. And the little cup that fits on top will also keep the drinking top free from dust and dirt while its in my bag.

Will let you know how I get on with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy..... to solve the condensation problem on our water bottles, a friend knitted then felted a cover like a stubbie holder ( except without a bottom, so just a tube). Ours are round bottles but I don't see why it wouldn't work for yours ;)) The covers look great and you are not using a plastic bag, everyone comments on what a good idea they are. You could knit several and have them co-ordinate to your outfit....lol.
    Have a great day.
    Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,
    very pretty, I love the colors. :o)
    Hope you have agreat weekend.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy