About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The 7 things meme

Rhonda has tagged me to do one of these meme thingies so even tho I’m not too interested in them I thought I’d give this one a bit of a go.

Here are the rules:
*Link to the person that tagged you
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

7 random facts about Cathy

I have lived for more than 1 year in 6 different countries, 5 of those were before the age of 30. I have lived for more than 6 months in 20 houses.

I have travelled thousands and thousands of miles by air and am still petrified of flying. Lots of tension on days before flights – don’t even look at me before take off but funnily once in the air it all disappears till the next takeoff.

I was 35 before I got my drivers licence. I didn’t really need it until I went back to work after raising the children as wherever I lived there was always a bus at the end of the street.

In a previous life I was a registered breeder of Burmese and Balinese cats. DH still talks of the day he went to work and the feline population tripled. Six cats in the household when he left, 2 queens kittened on the same day delivering 12 kittens between them. Eighteen when he came home. This happened several times but the first time has stuck in his memory.

I love to tap dance. Took classes as a child and then went and joined adult classes where we had end of year concerts. Fun - Fun - Fun

I love to watch all sports except Soccer (can't stand it) bit if a shame as one of my Irish cousins played for Manchester United and Northern Ireland a while ago.

I hope one day to Walk to the top of Australia. Was going to do this or a similar walk last summer but the parks were closed because of bushfires in the area.

Bit run of the mill aren't I :))

The 7 bloggers I am tagging are

Lib at Lib's Private Paradise

Peggy at Hidden Haven Homestead

Lynette at Grace

Rose at Quilted Hills

Violet at Vi's Craft Corner

Catherine at Weight Loss Journey

StitchingGranny at Stitchery Nook

Bye for now

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Cathy, now I have to put on my thinking cap lol.

    Im glad I have inspired you - my motto is 10 stitches this time means 10 less next time and its very true - even something you dont enjoy stitching can grow slowly and suprise you when its done by how much you like it. Also I find that when you havent stitched on something for a long time its suprising how much you can like it once you start stitching on it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy,

    Yes was very HOT in Melbourne, we stuck to aircon where we could. lol...Such a lovely city, enjoyed every minute of the trip.

    Thanks for tagging me, I will try and do it early next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy,
    I enjoyed learning more about you.:o)
    Hope you're having a Great week.
    Blessins',Lib

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy, I just dropped by from Rhonda Jean's to see what you'd posted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy,
    Thanks so much I love learning about you.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just to let you know I have done my MeMe thing at last lol.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy