About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Where do the years go
























Well I wonder where they do go as it only seems like yesterday since this old black and white photo was taken.
August 1960 to be precise - I had just met DH and we really comfortable with each other.
It was taken in Cyprus, DH was there as a serving member in the RAF and my father was also in the RAF.
We only knew each other for about 6 weeks before he popped the question and we were engaged on my 18th birthday.
As they say a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.



And here we are 46 years on - September last year on a cruise ship in Alaska Still comfortable with each other.
Hasn't all been love and kisses as a few sharp words have been spoken during that time but I guess we now know where to draw the line these days and have learn't that we are both individuals who sometimes need space and time alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy