About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, August 24, 2007

All is forgiven

Days of moaning and groaning just showed me how reliant I have become on this machine :((

Yes we are back on line and the household is running as smooth as usual. This episode did prove to me I have a problem and made me see how much I had missed out on other things.

I did lots of knitting during the few evenings DH tried to fix the machine and I also read a new book; these two things were just ordinary run of the mill happenings a few years ago and unless I make a special effort I never get round to doing them. I used to say our new technology wouldn't make a difference to our household - oh was I wrong.

Anyway the book I read was by Jacquelyn Mitchard - Cage of Stars, and I haven't read anything that moved me so much for a very long time. Tears rolled down my face at times and I couldn't wait to get to the end.

A while ago I read another by her called The Deep End of the Ocean and that also was something I couldn't put down till I finished.

Will have to check the library for others.

Lovely day today, good gardening weather. Has been very cold overnight this week about 4-5c/40f but its been going up to 16-17c/60f and so I ghave managed to get a lot more done in the garden. Still no rain tho and none forecast either. Sounds like a broken record doesn't it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the birthday wishes. The book sounds like one I should check out at my next library trip. I've been reading mysteries, but also look for new material to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW-in honor of my birthday, the temp. is going to be 104. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting come back anytime.
    Enjoyed visiting you.
    Blessins',
    Lib

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy