About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Where does the time go

This past couple of weeks we've had cold wet days and dry sunny days as well as gales and storms. Parts of the state are flooded which isn't good tho and locally this week looks wintery . We do still need the rain and even tho' the levels are rising there is still talk of tougher water restrictions. Time will tell I suppose so all we can say is 'Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain'

This winter I've tried very hard to stay away from 'sickies' those with coughs and colds but it didn't work and I've spent part of the week feeling like death warmed up, coughing and sneezing and moaning about a headache.

Luckily one of the daughters has a Lemon Tree so I dosed myself with fresh lemon juice, honey, boiling water with a dissolvable aspirin every few hours. Its an old fashioned remedy that I enjoy.

I also have a favourite cough mixture that no one else likes - unfortunately I cant find the one I used for years called Medallion (black and tasting of camphor and methol that took your breath away) but recently discovered a similar one called Irish Moss.

As I say its similar and seems to work as well and when I'm feeling crook thats all I ask.

With those two and Eucalyptus Oil on a tissue to open the stuffed up nose I was set to kill any of those rotten germs. I spent a lot of time resting and finishing off a teddy I'm making for one lucky granddaughter for Christmas.

Before 'the cold' struck I had a trip into the city to go to the theatre with my Red Hat group and we laughed ourselves silly at 'Menopause - the Musical' Fun fun fun and we all had a great time. Lots of questions about our clothing and I feel there will also be lots of searching for chapters near to those questioners.

July 1st is Victoria Day (the day Victoria was granted seperate statehood from New South Wales in 1850) and so this Monday I went to the Victoria Day Award Ceremony in the city. One of our granddaughters sings with the Victorian Girls Choir and they were there to sing the National Anthem so I went along with her mother (one of my daughters) and the other children.
The historical society had their enactmant first outside the Town Hall - complete with old fashioned uniforms and muskets and the reading of the Seperation Proclamation and then we all went inside for the presentions and speeches.

The youngsters sang the Anthem beautifully and gave a good rendition of Happy Birthday Victoria as well. Another fun day as we went on the train so I didn't have to wonder about parking etc and we wandered round some of the big stores and came home with a few bargains as well.

Things happen again - like DH stuffing up the computer.
Never mind he likes tinkering and checking out sites - nothing as bad as 'catching a virus' - its such a shame it takes him ages to get it back to normal again

I am going to have an early night, the cold might be gone but I'm still feeling drained.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice you left on my blog. Not missing the sunny weather too much. We are in a heat wave. 105 degrees on Wednesday & about the some predicted for today, Thursday.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy